Manchester United vs Rostov Prediction, Preview & Key Stats ahead of this week’s Europa League fixture.
Manchester United vs Rostov
Europa League 2016/17
16th March, 20:05 pm BST
Old Trafford, Manchester
Live Stream: Watch Manchester United vs FC Rostov live on BT Sport 2
After bowing out of the FA Cup earlier this week, Manchester United now turn their attention towards the Europa League.
United earned a 1-1 draw in Russia in the reverse leg, and they are favourites to go through. Jose Mourinho’s side haven’t won in their last three games, and the Portuguese will be desperate to get back to winnings ways on Thursday.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who missed United’s FA Cup clash through suspension, will lead the attacking line up once again.
Ander Herrera was sent off against Chelsea, but the Spaniard is eligible to play in Europe. The United midfielder will incur a ban if he picks up a yellow card against Rostov.
United, however, will miss the services of Anthony Martial and Wayne Rooney through injuries.
Predicted Manchester United Starting Lineup (4-2-3-1): De Gea, Valencia, Rojo, Bailly, Blind, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Ibrahimovic
United have an enviable home record, having lost just once at Old Trafford in the Premier League. Rostov’s strategy will be to get a goal somehow and take this game into extra time and beyond.
Rostov are unbeaten in their last seven games in all competitions. However, they have struggled to win matches at a stretch, having won only two competitive matches on the road all season.
Vladimir Granat suffered a nasty injury in the return leg, and he won’t make the trip to Old Trafford. Timofei Kalachev and Aleksandru Gatcan are both suspended for the return leg.
Predicted Rostov Starting Lineup (3-5-2): Medvedev, Kudryashov, Navas, Mevija, Baryramyan, Noboa, Prepelita, Erokhln, Terentjev, Poloz, Bukharov
MANCHESTER UNITED VS FC ROSTOV KEY STATS
1 – United have lost just once in their last 11 games in all competitions
3 – United have not won in their last three competitive games
7 – Rostov are unbeaten in their last seven competitive matches
Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Rostov
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash