Manchester United have been handed a heavy boost in their pursuit of Eduardo Camavinga after reports revealed that the midfielder had sacked his agent.
A report from Footmercato [via AS] suggests that Camavinga has sacked his agent, Moussa Sissoko. Now, the player’s father Celestino is handling his son’s affairs.
That being said, the story further unfolds that the top-notch names in the world of footballing agents such as Jorge Mendes, Jonathan Barnett, and Pini Zahavi are now battling to acquire an impressive client in Camavinga.
Manchester United have been monitoring Camavinga for a while now and reportedly want to move for a permanent transfer next summer.
It is thought that he could be a genuine replacement for Nemanja Matic, who is at the wrong side of 32 and lacks the mobility United require from their defensive midfielder.
United are not the only team currently chasing the signature of the French international. The likes of Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool alongside many other top European heavyweights are currently considering moving for the 18-year-old sensation.
Camavinga’s contract is set to expire in 2022. It is wise for Rennes to sell the player next summer else his market value will plunge and he may leave on a free transfer.
It is believed that a change in Camavinga’s representation could lead the player to make a move outside France next year.
Signing Camavinga will be a tough nut to crack for the Red Devils. With heavy interest from the best European clubs, United will have negligible leverage to close the deal, especially if United are not in the Champions League places next season.
But, United shouldn’t back down. The Red Devils should take an active approach and try to sign the French international.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate