Manchester United are continuing to follow Rennes’ sensation Eduardo Camavinga with great attention, although they have other priorities at the moment.
According to the Manchester Evening News, the Red Devils have put their interest in the French prodigy on hold.
United reportedly hope to finalise a move for Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and add another centre-back before launching an assault on Camavinga.
Additionally, the Old Trafford hierarchy are still hopeful of landing Declan Rice from West Ham United, although the Hammers look unwilling to sell this summer.
The England international has three years left to run on his contract and may be out of reach for United this summer.
Ole Gunnar Solskajer wants to recruit a new midfielder in the coming months, particularly in light of the uncertainty surrounding Paul Pogba’s future.
Out-of-favour midfielder Donny van de Beek could make room for a newcomer, with Real Madrid looking to sign the Dutchman on loan with an option to buy.
Camavinga ticks many of the boxes for the type of player Solskjaer is looking to sign.
The Frenchman has been nothing short of outstanding since making his senior breakthrough in December 2018.
The 18-year-old is a combative, ball-winning midfielder, which makes him a perfect long-term replacement for Fred, who has blown hot and cold during his time at Old Trafford.
With his contract at Roazhon Park running out at the end of the next season, Camavinga is reportedly available for £25.7 million this summer.
After missing out on Jude Bellingham, United are keen to avoid letting another jewel slip through their fingers.
However, the Premier League giants will have to act swiftly if they are to snap up Camavinga.
Paris Saint-Germain are monitoring the youngster’s development and are considering matching Rennes’ asking price to bring the highly-rated teenager to the Parc des Princes.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta