Manchester United are continuing to follow Rennes’ sensation Eduardo Camavinga with great attention, although they have other priorities at the moment.
According to the Manchester Evening News, the Red Devils have put their interest in the French prodigy on hold.
United reportedly hope to finalise a move for Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and add another centre-back before launching an assault on Camavinga.
Additionally, the Old Trafford hierarchy are still hopeful of landing Declan Rice from West Ham United, although the Hammers look unwilling to sell this summer.
The England international has three years left to run on his contract and may be out of reach for United this summer.
Ole Gunnar Solskajer wants to recruit a new midfielder in the coming months, particularly in light of the uncertainty surrounding Paul Pogba’s future.
Out-of-favour midfielder Donny van de Beek could make room for a newcomer, with Real Madrid looking to sign the Dutchman on loan with an option to buy.
Camavinga ticks many of the boxes for the type of player Solskjaer is looking to sign.
The Frenchman has been nothing short of outstanding since making his senior breakthrough in December 2018.
The 18-year-old is a combative, ball-winning midfielder, which makes him a perfect long-term replacement for Fred, who has blown hot and cold during his time at Old Trafford.
With his contract at Roazhon Park running out at the end of the next season, Camavinga is reportedly available for £25.7 million this summer.
After missing out on Jude Bellingham, United are keen to avoid letting another jewel slip through their fingers.
However, the Premier League giants will have to act swiftly if they are to snap up Camavinga.
Paris Saint-Germain are monitoring the youngster’s development and are considering matching Rennes’ asking price to bring the highly-rated teenager to the Parc des Princes.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides contract update about Manchester United star
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid