One man who will surely be feeling the pressure of his job going into the weekend is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
According to a report from Gazzetta dello Sport, former Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri is on the radar of Manchester United’s chief shareholders, the Glazer family.
If United keep dropping points, Solskjaer may eventually get the sack and the Glazers will need a contingency plan.
United also reportedly reignited their interest in ex-Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino, but Allegri is believed to be under consideration.
However, the Red Devils are not the only admirers of the Italian, with Paris Saint-Germain also in the running.
Our take on Allegri-United links
We’ve presented our views previously as to why sacking Solskjaer would be a bad move by the United hierarchy [read more].
However, Allegri and Pochettino are two high-class managers with well-established identities.
Allegri has plenty of silverware on his CV, but Pochettino would perhaps be a better fit for United.
The Argentinian has a fresh, attacking approach and his familiarity with the Premier League makes him an attractive proposition.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups