Reliable journalist Francesco Porzio reports that Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola has provided updates on Paul Pogba’s potential transfer.
“I was talking about next summer. It’s very difficult to see big clubs making these kinds of transfers in January. We will see what happens next summer.”
Fabrizio Romano has also reported a similar statement. As per Romano, Raiola said:
“Pogba will have a great future. In England, they’re very sensitive when you talk about Pogba… I’ve just expressed my thoughts. I’ve said that Paul can leave in the summer, it’s hard to do top deals in January.”
These briefs by Raiola looks like he’s doing damage control. Not very long ago, he remarked that Pogba’s career at United was over. And his recent statements suggest it was ‘his thoughts’.
Things are sensitive around Pogba’s position at Manchester United because he’s never settled in the Premier League. His debut season was the best and it’s gone downhill since then. He’s not consistent on the pitch and his injury record is another grave concern.
With United engaged in contract renewal talks, this may just have been Raiola way of trying to get the best deal for his client, and later on walking back on his comments to do damage control.
We support the common sentiment surrounding the club that United should get rid of Pogba. There are far better alternatives available in the market. The dressing room is disbalanced and its hurting the club. Its just not worth it anymore.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa