Paul Pogba landed in Manchester yesterday to complete a medical ahead of his return to the club from Juventus and is now officially a Manchester United player, as he has signed a five year deal.
United manager Jose Mourinho has urged new signing Pogba to be the fulcrum of the club for the next decade and beyond. The most drawn out transfer saga in recent football history has seen the France international becoming the most expensive footballer in the world. The Red Devils paid a fee of €105 million to the Turin club to secure his signature.
The former Real Madrid and Chelsea boss had some words of high praise for the 23-year-old French midfielder.
”Paul is one of the best players in the world and will be a key part of the United team I want to build here for the future. He is quick, strong, scores goals and reads the game better than many players much older than he is,” Mourinho told United’s official website.
”At 23, he has the chance to make that position his own here over many years. He is young and will continue to improve. He has the chance to be at the heart of this club for the next decade and beyond.”
As revealed by Squawka, the Red Devils will pay Pogba an astronomical £300,000 a week wage, including bonuses, as he is set to become the joint top-earner of the club. Pogba will earn £15.6 million annually and £78 million over the course of his five-year contract if all of the bonus payments clauses are triggered.
Pogba’s agent Mino Riola has tweeted this, as his client has become a Red Devil again.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham