According to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano, Napoli are set to extend Giovanni Di Lorenzo’s contract.
The Manchester United target is said to be close to penning a new one-year extension to his current deal runs out in 2025.
Lorenzo was impressive in the European Championships for the Italy team who defeated England in the final to land the coveted trophy
He started in five matches for the Azzurri and played a key role in their success.
The Italian footballer has been on Napoli’s books since 2019 when he joined them from Empoli in a deal worth around £6.8 million.
He has made 95 appearances for the Serie A side across all competitions, bagging seven goals and 15 assists.
The 27-year-old was recently on United’s radar, as per II Napolista. However, his agent insisted there was nothing concrete with the Red Devils.
United are in the market for a new right-back to provide competition for their first choice Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
They wanted to sign Atletico Madrid’s Kieran Trippier but the two sides couldn’t agree a fee for the 30-year-old.
Napoli value Lorenzo at around £17m, but it appears he will remain in Italy for the foreseeable future.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham