Newcastle United are monitoring Manchester United defender Brandon Williams for a potential loan deal in January. Newcastle are interested and believes Williams’ versatility would be invaluable. [source: Chronicle]
The report also mentions that Newcastle boss Steve Bruce has good relationship with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Mike Phelan. Bruce was a United player for nine years and remains a fan favourite. Any offer by Newcastle would be taken seriously.
Williams broke out in the senior team last season after Luke Shaw picked an injury. He made 37 appearances and remained a vital player throughout the season.
This year, things have changed. United have signed Alex Telles who is the first left-back choice. Shaw comes in at no.2 and there’s very less scope for Williams to get the same exposure as last season’s.
Williams has played just 217 minutes of football in the United shirt this season. Its time for him to go on a loan and find minutes to maintain the development.
Southampton made an offer in January to sign Williams too. Its in best interests of both United and Williams to find him a decent club where he’ll continue to grow.
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach