Newcastle United are monitoring Manchester United defender Brandon Williams for a potential loan deal in January. Newcastle are interested and believes Williams’ versatility would be invaluable. [source: Chronicle]
The report also mentions that Newcastle boss Steve Bruce has good relationship with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Mike Phelan. Bruce was a United player for nine years and remains a fan favourite. Any offer by Newcastle would be taken seriously.
Williams broke out in the senior team last season after Luke Shaw picked an injury. He made 37 appearances and remained a vital player throughout the season.
This year, things have changed. United have signed Alex Telles who is the first left-back choice. Shaw comes in at no.2 and there’s very less scope for Williams to get the same exposure as last season’s.
Williams has played just 217 minutes of football in the United shirt this season. Its time for him to go on a loan and find minutes to maintain the development.
Southampton made an offer in January to sign Williams too. Its in best interests of both United and Williams to find him a decent club where he’ll continue to grow.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta