Manchester United defender Phil Jones could be out of the club by January.
According to The Chronicle, Newcastle are likely to reignite their interest in Jones in the January transfer window.
Jones is a part of a list featuring potential targets. This list also includes Josh King, Calum Chambers and Tom Davies.
Phil Jones is yet to feature this season for United due to an injury, He only made eight appearances last season. It appears increasingly likely that the Red Devils will facilitate his exit from Old Trafford in January.
Jones has also been left out of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s 25-man Premier League squad after the summer transfer window.
Similarly, Jones, Marcos Rojo, and Sergio Romero have been dumped from United’s squad for the UEFA Champions League group stages.
United did try to offload the English defender in the summer, but a move away from Old Trafford was not possible despite him being on Newcastle and West Ham’s radar.
Though United only extended his contract last year, Jones does not feature in manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans.
He is contracted to Manchester United till the summer of 2023 with an option to extend for a further year.
Phil Jones is valued at £20 million by Manchester United.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills