Manchester United defender Phil Jones could be out of the club by January.
According to The Chronicle, Newcastle are likely to reignite their interest in Jones in the January transfer window.
Jones is a part of a list featuring potential targets. This list also includes Josh King, Calum Chambers and Tom Davies.
Phil Jones is yet to feature this season for United due to an injury, He only made eight appearances last season. It appears increasingly likely that the Red Devils will facilitate his exit from Old Trafford in January.
Jones has also been left out of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s 25-man Premier League squad after the summer transfer window.
Similarly, Jones, Marcos Rojo, and Sergio Romero have been dumped from United’s squad for the UEFA Champions League group stages.
United did try to offload the English defender in the summer, but a move away from Old Trafford was not possible despite him being on Newcastle and West Ham’s radar.
Though United only extended his contract last year, Jones does not feature in manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans.
He is contracted to Manchester United till the summer of 2023 with an option to extend for a further year.
Phil Jones is valued at £20 million by Manchester United.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta