Newcastle United are reportedly interested in signing Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe.
The Red Devils are set to sign Raphael Varane after reaching an agreement with Real Madrid for the talented defender.
As per The Telegraph, the imminent signing of Varane could lead to Tuanzebe’s exit from United this summer.
After the 28-year-old’s arrival, the Congo-born footballer will be pushed further down the pecking order at Old Trafford.
This situation has opened up a chance for the Magpies to sign the young defender on a season-long loan.
Tuanzebe is a highly talented player but, given the high competition for places at Old Trafford, the opportunities look limited for him in Manchester.
He clocked up only 19 appearances last season for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side, with nine of them coming in the Premier League.
The 23-year-old’s chances of breaking into the first-team at St James’ Park will be far higher.
Federico Fernandez was the most used centre-back by the Magpies last season, and he made only 24 league appearances.
Given the qualities of the Congo-born player, he can be an important player for Steve Bruce’s side next season if they manage to sign him.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash