Manchester United are on the verge of confirming another signing on the deadline day of the summer transfer window.
As per the claims made by the Spanish outlet AS, Manchester United have reached an agreement with Uruguayan club Penarol to sign their teenage sensation Facundo Pellistri.
The reports suggest that the 18-year-old would sign a five-year contract with the Mancunian club.
As reported earlier, United were forced to trigger his buyout clause of US$10m (£7.71m) after the Uruguayan premier division side refused to let him leave in the current transfer window for a bargained amount.
The Montevideo side are expected to insert a 20% ‘brokerage commission’ on any further sale while concluding the deal with the Red Devils.
Facundo Pellistri is a bright prospect. However, on one expects him to start playing for Manchester United senior team from now on a consistent basis.
Only 18 years of age, Pellistri made 12 appearances for Penarol’s senior side.
Manchester United have been in the hunt for a right-winger for years. Though, the signing of Jadon Sancho would be perfect had it happened.
A player in Pellistri certainly is for the future of Manchester United.
It remains to be seen whether he directly joins United’s senior squad or get the chance to showcase his traits first in the youth ranks.
However, it won’t be surprising either if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hands him a first-team squad number.
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash