Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed the return of midfielder Paul Pogba from an ankle injury ahead of the third round League Cup clash against Rochdale at home.
The France international suffered the injury setback during the closing stages of the 1-1 draw at Southampton before the international break and he has taken no part for the Red Devils ever since.
However, ahead of the Carabao Cup tie against Rochdale, Solskjaer has confirmed that the 26-year-old has returned to first-team contention, though he could be restricted to a bench role.
“He’ll probably get some minutes against Rochdale. But we definitely think he’s ready for Arsenal,” he was quoted as saying by the club’s official website.
United have been hampered by multiple injury concerns from the beginning of the season and they are currently without Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Eric Bailly and Timothy Fosu-Mensah through injury setbacks.
Against Rochdale, Solskjaer is bound to make numerous changes to the squad from the recent West Ham United defeat and the likes of Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes and Axel Tuanzebe should fancy getting another run from the starting XI.
Elsewhere, the centre-forward position has been a concern this term with the constant change in personnel and the trend is set to continue on Wednesday with Greenwood likely to lead the line in the injury absence of both Rashford (groin) and Martial (thigh).
Rashford appears set to be sidelined for a considerable period of time on the back of the recent injury setback at the London Stadium. Martial, however, seems on the cusp of making a comeback with the first-team and he was initially predicted to return for the Rochdale clash.
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash