Manchester United have confirmed that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2024.
The Red Devils also have the option to extend the Norwegian manager’s deal for a further year.
The 48-year-old was initially brought in as caretaker manager at United after Jose Mourinho was sacked in December 2018.
His impressive run of 14 victories from 19 matches convinced the Premier League outfit to hand him a three-year contract in 2019.
In his first full season, the former Norway international led the Red Devils to a third-place finish in the league table.
He guided United to the final of the Europa League and also led them to finish second in the table last term.
His current deal was set to expire at the end of the 2021-22 campaign but he has now penned another contract at Old Trafford.
He told the club’s official website: “Everyone knows the feeling I have for this club, and I am delighted to have signed this new contract.
“It is an exciting time for Manchester United – we have built a squad with a good balance of youth and experienced players that are hungry for success.
“I have a fantastic coaching team around me, and we are all ready to take that next step on our journey.
“Manchester United wants to be winning the biggest and best trophies, and that’s what we are all striving for.
“We have improved, both on and off the pitch, and that will continue over the coming seasons.
“I can’t wait to get out in front of a packed Old Trafford and get this campaign started.”
It is great news for United fans that Solskjaer has extended his stay at the club.
Although the Norwegian manager hasn’t won any trophies yet, it should be noted that he has delivered back-to-back top-four finishes.
His win percentage of 55.63% is a little less than Mourinho’s 58.33%, but it is higher than both Louis van Gaal’s 52.43% and David Moyes’ 52.94%.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham