Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer praised a slew of old teammates in an interview today.
Solkjaer was asked a question about the most influential player of Manchester United during his playing time and this is what the club legend had to say about it:
“Cantona was unbelievable – Scholes was the best all-round – Beckham best crosser – but then I played with Rooney and Ronaldo. But one? Roy Keane always!
The Norwegian further praised club legend, Roy Keane, saying:
“I would always pick Roy Keane ahead of anyone else if I could put him in the team that I’m managing.”
It is clear why Solskjaer loves Keane so much. Keane had a charisma that would make anyone near him upgrade themselves. Keane was one of his kind and they don’t make footballers like him anymore. Other former players like Patrice Evra agree with Solskjaer too.
However, with Keane’s punditry role recently, there have been some bitter comments exchanged between Ole and Keane. But Solskjaer’s comments attest that the respect and bromance in the Manchester United Alumni is still alive!
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa