According to Duncan Castles, Ole Gunnar Solskjær is pushing Manchester United to buy Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele.
Dembele is refusing to extend Barcelona contract to facilitate a single-season loan. And Barcelona wants security as his current contract ends in 2022. Barcelona are now ready to sell for €60m
According to Spanish outlet Sport, Dembele was initially keen to stay at Barcelona, but since it has been made clear he is not in Ronald Koeman’s plans, he wanted to push for a move.
Manchester United were willing to pay 100% of the current wages + a loan fee to the club.
Dembele’s stay at Barcelona also means that Memphis Depay would not move to the Catalan club.
La Liga rules prohibit a signing before a player has left the team.
This is a very big blow for Manchester United.
United’s only hope of adding a winger before the deadline is Watford winger Ismailla Sarr.
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game