On Sneijder, Balotelli, Ozil et al…

All of a sudden United have found themselves making—would you believe it—headline news in the transfer market. And what’s more, we have actually put in a bid—reported at around £29m—for Wesley Sneijder.

Inter president, Massimo Moratti, has confirmed this.

Moratti has also moved to say that he intends to keep Sneijder at the club longer, by opening contract talks with the Dutchman.

There are several reasons why I believe this transfer won’t happen. First of all, Sneijder has been key to Inter’s success last season, helping them to a domestic treble. He has been a fabulous bit of business as Inter bought him from Madrid for £12m. Whilst a tidy profit might be tempting, they’d be idiots to sell him after just one season.

Secondly, he’s just having a brilliant world cup. A cliche, and perhaps a little unfair, but with every goal, his value goes up a few notches. He’s in the final now with the Netherlands, and a potential world cup winner. When the likes of Fabregas are valued at £40m, £30m is laughably low for someone of Sneijder’s stature.

Another significant factor is his wages. Currently he’s reported to be earning £3.5m a year after tax. If you factor in taxes (I used a rough estimate based on taxation slabs for Italy) his weekly wages (pre-tax) is approximately 120k. At United, we would have to offer higher wages just to match his current wages—because, remember, in England the taxation rate is higher, at 50%—and we would have to offer him even more than that because Inter are going to try to match that.

So, it’s going to be the coup of Ferguson’s career to pull of a Sneijder deal. Which means, given his rhetoric on “value for money”, we won’t get him.

The other story doing the rounds is of our reported interest in Balotelli, which has also been confirmed by Moratti. Again he maintains he hasn’t received a single bid that’s satisfactory. If reports are to be believed he reckons Balotelli is worth around £30m. [That much money is too much for a world renowned nutcase.] Also: Man City are interested in him, and have put in several ridiculous bids.

So we’ll leave it at that.

There have been stray reports, without much substance of our interest in Ozil. Wonderful player, on evidence of having seen him play in the World Cup. Highly acclaimed by pundits who follow German football, but since I’ve seen him properly only in the World Cup, I won’t have an opinion on him. As for the veracity of this rumour, well, I believe he’s only going to be a back up.

There is also the story that we’re possibly weighing up a bid for Benzema—some reports claiming Berbatov would be off loaded. I’ll believe it when I see it.

July 15, 2010 at 7:21 pm

@Grognard: Sorry I have never gone on about England Pal??? Er did Germany win the World Cup?
    I am not angry about England I have admitted we were shite, under performed and were awful, but we won as much as Germany which was fuck all 😆 😆 😆

July 15, 2010 at 7:22 pm

@Owen: Fact is that when he played for England, Paul Scholes did very little that grabbed attention. So when he retired, no tears were spilled. Most of the time he was used as a sub mate. Ballack has 98 caps for Germany and 95 were as a starter while over 80 were as skipper. As a midfielder he average a goal every two games both for club and country before coming to Chelsea. I don’t even consider his Chelsea years which were on the down side of his career as he was in his 30’s. There is no comparison. Scholes is a United legend where Ballack is a German legend. And germany holds a lot more international clout than England does these days now don’t they?

July 15, 2010 at 7:29 pm

@Grognard: But here Capello urged Scholes to come out of retirement and play where as Ballack was to told to fuck off by Lahm and was thrown out of the Dressing room.And this is also fact.

And Grog,by the way out of those 40 international goals,how many are scored by penalty.I think Germany always gets 1 penalty in 2 matches and Ballack used to take them and i have even not brought free kicks .

July 15, 2010 at 7:31 pm

@EduardoDaVinci4: Basically. That is a biased and slanted opinion poll for one player. I don’t disagree with their love for the guy. But the question wasn’t asked about Ballack or Riquelme or Platini or Stoichkov etc. It was slanted to sell a propaganda piece for United supporters who love to read accolades about Scholes. A lot of managers and teammates of Scholes being asked over and over too. If a German magazine polled all the great past and present German greats as well as past world stars what they thought of Ballack, the same thing would have occurred. So in essence, you and everyone are missing my point. I am not slagging Scholes. I’m just saying that Ballack is a better player and i can prove it statistically and also on the basis of skill set and personal accomplishments. I wish people on here would just get off my back about my German allegiance as well, let me be when it comes to paul Scholes. I have a right to say I DON’T CARE FOR HIM FOR CHRIST’S SAKE. It’s my personal preference and I wish all of you would just accept that and stop bating me by always pitting him against a German player I like. I personally think Ballack is a cunt personality wise. But as a player he is a legend and that I will fight for the right to say when confronted. For me Scholes is a fine and very accomplished player but a player who should have retired two years ago and a player who is and always will be vastly overrated ….IN MY OPINION. That doesn’t mean it’s gospel so why come down on me like a pack of wolves and get me all hot under the collar. I don’t even want to debate Scholes, he is so unimportant to me. 😕 😕 🙄 🙄

July 15, 2010 at 7:35 pm

@Grognard: Forgive me Grog, but seriously i think these days Man Utd has also become unimportant to you and you have gone back to the past when Bayern were your first love.

July 15, 2010 at 7:36 pm

@Owen: Listen mate, Ronaldo up until last year had a very strong international record and was his county’s best player at EURO 04 and WC 06. So just get off my back. Get your fucking facts straight before you start nitpicking and looking to get under my skin. If you include international duty as a basis for grading the best player, Messi isn’t even the best. Yo come up with this lame ass shit because you know Ballack kicks Scholes ass if you include international play and that pretty well shits all over your lame ass argument. Bottom line, Ballack is and always was world class and Scholes was for about four years of his career. They cannot and should not be compared because Ballack is light years ahead in pedigree. But trying to convince a United fan of that is akin to bashing my head against a brick wall. Especially when I am siding with a “Typical German”. 🙄 🙄 That’s it, I’m out of here for today because this is no fun at all.

July 15, 2010 at 7:40 pm

@Grognard: “But trying to convince a United fan ”

So you are not an United Fan ,Grog?

July 15, 2010 at 7:44 pm

@Owen: What the fuck does any of that have to do with this entire debate? Ballack and Lahm fighting for the captaincy has what exactly to do with Ballacks abilities and his comparison to Scholes? 😯 😕 😕 😕 😕 And Capello calling for Scholes was only a desperation move by a manager who knows his England squad was shite. I don’t blame him and the WC proof was in the pudding. That doesn’t elevate Scholes in my book, it just lowers the quality of the England team when that kind of desperation is shown. Hell, he even wanted wheel chair boy Hargreaves.

As for Balalck and his feud with Lahm, all I wills ay is that Ballack was dead wrong to create the confrontation but Lahm is also wrong to insist on keeping the captaincy which he took over only because Balack was injured. He never slept with a teammates wife and never did anything wrong to lose his captaincy. Lahm needs to know his role and give it up until Ballack retires or I unable to maintain a starting position on the German team. Something that is just around the corner as he is 33 going on 70. I love Lahm but I kind of feel he stabbed Ballack in the back a bit. And yet, I can understand that he captained the club to 3rd place and this german team was the beginning of a new generation. Out with the old and in with the new. Still, he is wrong and you are wrong to bring it up as an argument to this debate..

July 15, 2010 at 7:45 pm

@Owen: I have watched a lot of games mate and not that many of Ballack’s goals were penalties. Also, at least he was good enough and considered courageous enough to take them. Does Scholes? 😀

July 15, 2010 at 7:46 pm

@Owen: I won’t even dignify that with an answer. Shame on you for saying that. 🙁 🙄

July 15, 2010 at 7:47 pm

@Owen: Unimportant to me? ^&$%&$&$&#@YQWEDGD^&$R#^$^$@ET^^%@ OFF mate. 😡 😡

July 15, 2010 at 8:19 pm

@Grognard: You keep telling people to stop bating you, then you bait me about England, again there sometimes is no point debating with you it’s Grogs German anti Fergie Way or the highway.
    I also find it odd your aggression with your support of a German, Chelsea player against a true United legend.
    You have to sometimes understand mate a lot of people only support one team, which ironically sometimes happens to be in their own country and support those players through thick and thin.

July 15, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Scholes getting abused on Man Utd blog is really a horrible feeling.Even persons on Pool’s and Chelsea’s blog praise him.If any newcomer will visit this site not knowing that this is Man Utd blog,then he will think that this is the best anti Man Utd and Pro German Blog.So sad.

July 15, 2010 at 9:26 pm

This has gotten way out of hand…

July 15, 2010 at 10:36 pm

* Premier League: 2009–10
    * FA Cup: 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10
    * Football League Cup: 2006–07
    * FA Community Shield: 2009

Scholes
    Manchester United

* Premier League (9): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
    * FA Cup (3): 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
    * Football League Cup (2): 2008–09, 2009–10
    * FA Community Shield (4): 1996, 1997, 2003, 2008
    * UEFA Champions League (2): 1998–99, 2007–08
    * Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
    * FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

records do speak for themselves.

July 15, 2010 at 10:37 pm

whoooo posted that before i realized we had gotten out of control 😕

July 15, 2010 at 10:41 pm

@gator: Well said ,gator.It is a top level crime for so called Man Utd fans to compare Scholsey with cunts like Ballack and Riquelme.

Also when i brought stats in favor of Messi, i was told that stats are misleading and now they only brought bull shit intentional stats to prove their choice.Just biased.

July 15, 2010 at 10:45 pm

I don’t feel guilty for posting it on a Man Utd blog that :

Ballack is the worst player in the world.

July 15, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Bad News : Shitty has signed Kolarov.

Their side really looks threatening now.

Given
    Richards Boateng Toure Kolarov
    Barry Yaya
    Milner/SWP Tevez Silva
    Djeko/Ibra

Next season is going to be very tough. 👿

July 15, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Man Utd News :

1.Manchester United could be in danger of losing Kolarov’s Serbian team-mate Nemanja Vidic, who is believed to be the subject of serious interest from Real Madrid.

2.Rooney celebrates £30k a-week pay rise at Manchester United

3.Shitty seems to have won the race for balotelli

July 15, 2010 at 11:53 pm

@Owen: there are too many egos too little team

July 16, 2010 at 1:08 am

@Stephen: You do not tell me who who I do or who I don’t cheer for. Got it. My choices are my prerogative and my business and i do not have to go through your committee for approval. You know where you can stick Paul Scholes. As for my German who played for Chelsea, I’d take him over Scholes any day of the week, except on the day he plays United. If you don’t believe that, I don’t care. Just get the fuck off my back. I cheer for who I want. 😡 😡 I support more than one team and if you aren’t down with that, then I just don’t care. I think I have paid my dues in years, blood sweat and tears for this club and the likes of you or anyone else have no fucking right to challenge my loyalty or love for the team. As for Scholes, fuck him, I could never stand the carrot topped midget OK.

July 16, 2010 at 1:12 am

@Owen: What a load of fucking BS. I never abused him you idiot. I just selected Ballack over him in preference as a player. You and a few others on this site are nothing more than drama queens. The fact you aren’t Barcelona supporters is amazing because you go to ground so easily. 🙄 🙄 🙄

July 16, 2010 at 1:31 am

@gator: Team records is a very narrow minded view.

Ballack – German caps 98 Goals for country 42, club goals 136 in 532 games played. Awards, UEFA Midfielder of the year 2002, German Footballer of the Year 3 times, FIFA World Cup Team of Tournament twice 2002 -2006, EURO Team of the Tournament twice 2004-2008, FIFA 100 players of All Time.. Constantly in contention for the Balon D’Or before he came to Chelsea.

Scholes international goals 15 caps, 66 appearances for England (mostly as a sub)
    Club goals 149 in in 643 appearances (way more games than Ballack yet only a few more goals) Awards, None other than player of the month three times. Where are the personal awards.

Don’t even try to insult me with your lame ass excuses for a comparison. Where Scholes gets a lot of United love Ballack gets love internationally and by FIFA and UEFA who recognize his greatness. This lame asses argument is over as you cannot make an argument that’s plausible in regards to Scholes. Team awards are a low and just typical card to play in a situation like this yet Ballack has gone farther with his country having reach numerous finals and semis. He has won the German League 4 times and has been on a winning club with Chelsea not to mention over half a dozen cup wins. So although his club team victories pale in comparison to Scholes, may I remind you that trying to compare players using team stats is a NO NO.

Stats don’t lie. Ballack is far greater with more goals scored than Scholes in much fewer games.

July 16, 2010 at 1:32 am

@Owen: OWEN is the most childish tosser in the world

July 16, 2010 at 1:33 am

@Owen: When it comes down to it mate, what this is a blatant case of disrespect shown to me. 😡

July 16, 2010 at 1:37 am

All that’s happening right now is a group of people antagonizing me on purpose. I made my case and it was a strong and valid one without actually insulting Scholes until it got out of hand and all that was happening was attempts to piss me off. If you guys want me off this blog because you cannot respect my differences with you, all you have to do is ask. I’ll gladly accommodate all of you because frankly, I do not deserve this shit and this ganging up on me and constant bating and insulting over players I like who rub you the wrong way. Your all childish and petty and need to grow up and respect people’s rights and individual differences.

July 16, 2010 at 1:38 am

@Owen: GO AND FUCK YOURSELF OK. ASSHOLE! 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 The real crime here is your lack of tact and respect for a fellow member of this blog who has constantly shown his love for United and has been a fan for longer than your sorry ass has been alive on this planet. Man you fucking pissed me asshole.

July 16, 2010 at 1:43 am

Torres is a real cookie! 😆 How on earth can a player at that age get injured for three months when chasing a simple ball? It’s madness, utterly pathetic. Liverpool have truly ruined that fella..

July 16, 2010 at 1:47 am

I am really looking forward to FIFA 11. Been reading a lot about the new features in the game and I gotta say it sounds amazing! They really are working hard this year. And if they, FINALLY, can get the player ratings alright then it will be one hell of a game! Really looking forward to playing with United in the new kit, and hopefully score a few goals. 😎 FIFA 11, I’m ready for ya!

July 16, 2010 at 1:50 am

This is one of the dumbest arguments i’ve seen in a while. Why the fuck are we comparing two over the hill players anyways. People praise scholes to the high heavens but they are praising the scholes of 4-5 years ago. He simply doesn’t have it anymore, sorry. I just hate how it’s sacreligous to suggest past legends aren’t good anymore. Scholes and Neville WERE great players, now Neville is useless on the pitch and scholes has a fantastic game once every 8 games. The other seven he is either anonymous or struggling to keep up.

I believe he still has a place on the squad, but not the first 11. Before you guys start screaming that he’s better than Anderson, it doesn’t change anything. That just means Andersons not good enough either. Scholes should be used sparingly on the pitch and should be a mentor off the pitch to the youngsters.

Neville should just get his coaching badges, because he should have retired years ago.

July 16, 2010 at 1:51 am

It’s kinda weird thinking about some of our greatest servants in midfield during the years. Robson, Scholes, Giggs, Becks, Butt and Fletch all came from our academy. Keane was bought from Forrest, Carrick from Spurs and Anderson from Porto, but other than those three and Veron our midfield in the last 20 years have contained mainly United products. Maybe Fergie isn’t so wrong in having faith in our current youth afterall? I mean, he must see something here. A pattern maybe? Gibson, Cleverley… How knows, they may turn out to be wonderful midfielders for us. Gibson is very raw, but has a shot of gold, while Cleverley must be the most exciting young English midfielder they have seen in years! Really think little Tom is gonna turn out great, he reminds me a lot of De Rossi, and seems to have the timing of Scholes when going into the box. Got high hopes for him…

July 16, 2010 at 1:54 am

@Grognard: There. I made three topics you can have your say on, and stop this fucking embarrasing debate, or whatever you call it. This is some of the dumbest shit I’ve read in years, come on lads you are grown men fighting on an internet blog so sparks fly. Really doesn’t look mature or good or anything, just get over it, you are both stubborn as fuck. 🙄 Here, that argument is over, end of. Either start acting like grown men or don’t write/speak to eachother. Is it really that difficult? 🙄

July 16, 2010 at 1:55 am

@Johnsom33: But you see, Anderson is good enough. 😉 😆 😆

July 16, 2010 at 2:21 am

As for grognard loving ballack, Munich, Germany, Hitler(just kidding) who gives a fuck. What we have here is a cultural misunderstanding. In North America we follow the teams we enjoy watching, we aren’t locked into supporting our local clubs because… Well because we don’t have clubs we have franchises. For instance my best friend is a lifelong Seattle Supersonics(NBA) fan, he’s from Seattle so naturally one would assume that’s his team forever. Except that team no longer exist, somebody purchased the team, moved them to Oklahoma and renamed them the Thunder. So what does he do now? Live the rest of his life supporting no one? No he’ll find a new team to support.

Let’s take Grognard for example, pretend he was born and raised in Vancouver, Canada. When he was born there was no NBA team. So he finds a team he likes and supports them for 30 odd years. Then one day Vancouver gets a team, the Grizzlys. Does he abandon the team he has supported for 30 years for the brand new “hometown team”? Let’s say he does, throws away all his team gear and buys all grizzly merchandise. But then 10 or so years later the grizzlys pack up and move to Memphis, Tennessee. What does he do now?

My point is that the sporting landscape over here is vastly different than in the UK. We love our sports but it’s not tribal like in the UK. Our teams aren’t region locked, so the fans have the luxury of following any team or teams they want.

As for him supporting Germany, that again is a cultural thing. He enjoys watching them play. Sure he’s Canadian, but how much fun is it watching Canada play football. For 1 they are in a joke of a confederation CONCACAF, which doesn’t have a lot of world cup places especially since the US and Mexico basically tie up 2 of them. So all he has to look foward to is the Gold Cup(aka the joke cup) and world cup qualifying. So do you blame him for choosing a foreign team to follow?

I’m not saying the North American way of supporting teams is better or worse than the English. I’m just trying to explain that we all come from different countries and cultures, so there is bound to be contrasting viewpoints.

July 16, 2010 at 2:31 am

@EduardoDaVinci4: When dies FIFA 11 come out? Somebody stole my copy of FIFA 10 over Christmas so I’ve been going into withdrawals ever since. I’ve been reduced to playing 09, which is only good because we still have Ronaldo and Tevez:-)

I was thinking of buying the world cup game, but I don’t want to pay $60 bucks for a game I already bought, but with different clothes on.

July 16, 2010 at 2:50 am

@EduardoDaVinci4: We bought bryan robson mate, but other than that your right, and its pretty amazing to think that really in 2 decades the majority have come through our youth system.
    Sadly though i have little faith in gibson, and cleverley i cannot comment on because i have hardly seen him.
    Gibbo to me is just plain useless. Cant pass, his positioning is crap, all he gets by on his supposed great shooting.
    Its really not that great, he takes 10 shots a game, atleast 1 of them should go on target. Back in my school team years ago we used to do shooting from distance and our star striker used to be able to volley balls against the bar from near the half way line. I guess united should sign him too.
    I would say pogba looks a talent and ive heard cory evans is supposed to be decent.
    Seriously though our midfield is a joke and theres no standout genius in the youth team apart from pogba im excited about. Our midfield is atleast 2 world class signings off anything half way decent.
    A ball winner to replace hargo and an ozil/sneijder to replace carrick, with pogba to come up next year to take scholes and gibbos place.
    Its just pisses me off though im reading tonight khediera is set to move to real for a paultry £8.5m. Isnt that value for you fergie 🙄
    For christs sake i wish he would get his finger out. Hargo is finished so forget him, go and replace him with a value signing like khediera.
    I mean i have to admit i hadnt seen much of him pre world cup but he looked a good player, and we need to buy now rather than sit back and hope hargo will recover.

July 16, 2010 at 3:02 am

On this whole ballack and scholes debate, come on guys lets just appreciate both talents, as to be fair they will both go down as great players when they retire. The type of players we may never see again with the way football seems to be going.
    They were both great but both had faults, and i think its fair to say have both gone on too long but thats besides the point. Lets not get too much into pointing out where one is better and where the other one isnt as they both had more plus points than negatives.
    Its like choosing what you prefer eating out of ice cream and pizza, theyre both great and you can like both. I can see both sides of the argument though because i will say alot of fans think united are the be all and end all of footie.
    There are other great teams and other great players who play for great teams, so its ok to like and support players from others teams that take our fancy.
    Anyway come on guys lets just give them both the recognition they deserve. You can love scholes more (lets face it ballack is a cunt) but lets not take it away because he clearly has more talent than 90% of the pretenders these days.
    Anyway night fellas.

July 16, 2010 at 3:15 am

@tonymontanna4united: The issue here, is favorably comparing a Chelsea legend who happens to be GERMAN, with a United legend who happens to be ENGLISH. People are taking sides, and in a way it’s understandable.

However to come on here and dis Scholes, rave about Ballack, dis England and rave about Germany, is asking for a very predictable, negative response.

And, predictably, he got it!! 😯 😯 😉 😉 🙂

July 16, 2010 at 6:43 am

@Johnsom33: Thank you for that mate. Finally somebody injects some common senses and intelligence into the debate and basically clears up some very great misconceptions that are flying around.

You hit it right on the nail. It’s hard to debate with hard core Mancs because they suffer so from tunnel vision that there is nor reasoning with them. I am much mnore of renaissance man who has tried out many flavours in his life. I live in Vancouver but do not support any Vancouver teams. I used to live in Edmonton and although I supported the local hockey team and Canadian football team, they were not my favourites. I grew up loving the Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, New York Yankees anD Dallas Cowboys as well as the Miami Dolphins. Yes I had two favourite NFL teams and these days I’d add the New England Patriots to that duo.

You are absolutely right about me not experiencing the “tribal” aspect that English footy fans grow up with. I originally grew up in small towns in British Columbia and Saskatchewan so this tribal crap just wasn’t part of my DNA. My Dad and Mom were immigrants and so they never grew up with allegiance and a blood bond with a team in Canada. I was free to choose which teams I wanted to cheer for and i did.

In 1970 I watched a few games of soccer for the first time in 70 World Cup and I was impressed with both Germany and Brazil. But then I was truly blown away by Germany and the Dutch in 1974. I started to follow the game and I would go to the local foreign news stand and buy Shoot, World Soccer and Kicker which would help me keep up with the game. I was even more seduced by the game when I visited Europe in 1976 and was introduced to Subutteo football by my cousins in Greece. I would buy the local magazines and Shoot wherever i could find it and my passion just grew. I subsequently became a Subutteo fanatic and spent over 2000 pounds on the stadium game, supplies many many teams and was addicted to the game so much that I still have a lot of that stuff to this day.

In 1976 I was also introduced to a Public Broadcasting show from the US called “Soccer Made in Germany” It was a one hour show that would pick the game of the previous week in the German Bundesliga and chop it down to 60 minutes. It was hosted by Toby Charles who for me is the greatest soccer voice of all time for tv. I was then granted the privilege of watching the german greats, Beckenbauer, Mueller, Netzer, Maier, Hoeness, Heunckes, Rummenigge, Breitner, Simonsen, Bonhof a young Matthaus etc playing all the time and tv and that is where my real loyalty for Bayern Munich and german football got it’s birth. It may have started as far back as 1970 and further boosted by the fantastic “Total Football” final of 74 but this tv show is my first real consistent intro to the game. At this time the only English football we got in Canada was the FA Cup final. And my intro to United was their great FA Cup win that year vs Liverpool 2-1. It would be well over a decade before I would get to watch United play on a consistent basis. I would have to refer to Shoot and World Soccer for my info as there was no internet.

So knowing my roots in the game as well as my geographical situation, I think it is completely understandable that I would not only have allegiance to more than one team, but that I should not be expected to act like a territorially trained individual who has blinders on for anything other than his local team. Nothing wrong with that but like I said, my upbringing allowed me to experience more diverse choices and on this blog, I am getting slammed for that and I really don’t appreciate it. Thanks for that support mate. I greatly appreciate it because at east you shone some light on the difference that hard core regional fans have with their more internationally diverse mates. 🙂

July 16, 2010 at 6:45 am

@Johnsom33: It always comes out in October her eNorth America mate but I think it’s late September in England.

July 16, 2010 at 6:55 am

@Redrich: Excuse me mate but this blog is NOT ENGLISH. It is an international blog with members from all over the world. Members who I am sure are not all England supporters. What we all are is United supporters and the last time I looked, United never had that many English players on their roster. So stop with the heavy back handed comment directed at me because you are 100% wrong here. I may be getting a predictable response because a majority of fans are pro England but that just shows me how incredibly closed minded and dense they are when they try to argue from an unattainable position. I never thought it was illegal for me to talk about non United players and non English players on here in a positive manner. I’m so sick and tired of the love in many on here have for the fucking Spaniards and Barcelona but if I bring up Germans it’s like I just shit in your morning cereal. Grow the fuck up and lets be fair.

We all come from diverse backgrounds and from many different regions of the planet. Stop pigeonholing and showing bias towards some who don’t share your views or allegiances. And stop questioning my allegiance to United. I don’t have to explain myself to nobody even though I often try to in vein. As for Scholes, I never actually put him down. On the contrary, I applauded his skill set and his tenure but i was honest enough to say he wasn’t my cup of tea and as well, I showed that Ballack is and always will be considered by the world body as a better player. And as far my raving about Ballack, that’s my prerogative. He’s my favourite player and i will defend him against unfair criticism or in this case a blatant attempt at baiting me into a fight. Which unfortunately I fell for because I could not let the injustice go.

July 16, 2010 at 7:15 am

@Grognard: You want me to grow up?? Take a careful look at yourself, mate.
    You have morphed into an overgrown baby, that cannot see the light for the fucking rattle you’re shaking in front of your own face.

I have no objection to you pissing on everyone’s altar, that’s your prerogative. But to do it and then to get all hot under the collar when you get the expected reaction, is just plain stupid.
    Yes STUPID, you, the great Grognard are being fucking STUPID.

Honestly, I’ve had it with you and your big fucking head, you crazy ideas, and your blatant anti-United rhetoric.

Take a while to evaluate your own contributions to this blog, and you’ll see you offer nothing more than a fucking wind-up to all and sundry.

Go diverse yourself, mate – it’ll make you a better commentator!

44. antsBoy

July 16, 2010 at 7:21 am

Enough of the Scholes-Ballack debate guys! We’ve our FIRST pre-season match in less than 18 hours and no one seems to care about it!! I’ll be at the match so hopefully I can update you all with my views from up close….

Phew, off to bed now – my back hurts! waited at Toronto Intl. today for 4+ hours to see the team arrive from Chicago but they got whisked out to the hotel through the back door!

July 16, 2010 at 8:47 am

@Grognard: Very intelligent post there mate 🙄
    ” As for Scholes, fuck him, I could never stand the carrot topped midget OK.”
    You are a true United fan arn’t you mate? jeez go and support Bayern as you have threatened, probably best all round. 🙄
    Again you can abuse our manager tell him to “fuck off” and legends like Scholes with posts like the above, but if you say one word against a German or Ballack all hell breaks loose, this is by the way a United blog.

46. PissedOffRed

July 16, 2010 at 10:54 am

Yep.. Chill everybody. We should focus on the future and not of players past their prime.. Ballack, Scholes – have turn down a few gears.

This just shows we ain’t got any new blood or player to rave about.
    SAF said he will give youth more chances this season.

I really, really want to see Petrucci & Pogba play. They are attacking midfielders aren’t they? Sadly, I have never seen any reserve or youth games.. can anyone enlighten me?

July 16, 2010 at 11:21 am

Sorry Grog, you know I’m usually on your side backing you up, but this time you’ve blown it. Agree with Stepthen and RedRich, you have been the cause of your own downfall here. First off if anybody here is biased, it’s you. And hyocritical! Not just in this case about Ballack and Scholes, but when it comes to Spanish players you are being biased as fuck. Iniesta is probably one of the Worlds best midfielders, you call him shit. Xavi got 35 assists in Barcas treble season! Messi is recognised by the majority of this planet now as the Worlds best player, but you keep bashing him because of your opinion. Hate Barca for all you want, but the fact that you judge their quality on your opinion makes you look very biased indeed. 😐 Looks incredibly hypocritical when you then claim our opinion on Scholes is not fair or correct because that’s “just how we feel”. Owen gave a lot of quotes by legendary footballers such as Davids, Zidane and Vieira where they claim Scholes is the best they have seen. Then you rave on about Ballack, without a single statement to back up your views. I checked on the web, and I couldn’t find a single player or manager who said Ballack was the best midfielder, whether in country or the World as a whole! Your argument is very shallow then.

People are wrong the question your allegiance to United, that I will give you. But honestly mate, you have created that piss yourself. You are the one who keep saying you’ll jump the ship if this club doesn’t do something quick, you are the one who says it’s more entertaining watch Bayern, you are the one who is always negative towards the club and is so sure of the doom and gloom shit, that if someone(like me) think that that aint the case and we actually go into a difficult, but bright future you call them ignorant. Now how the fuck is that supposed to be accepted by us and not damage your own status on this blog, or as a fan? I know you love United, and I don’t question that one bit. But I can see where the others are coming from, and you should be able to do so as well. 😐

You’ve now abused Owen for saying his opinion, and mocking a German Chelsea player. Of course he was attempting to piss you off, but eh, be a grown man and ignore it! It’s not that difficult to not reply on a football blog. 🙂 You fell for his trap, and made a fool out of yourself. It’s like fucking kindergarden! Surely you are older than 5? Besides, nobody here really looks that much into your opinion. Love Ballack, none of us gives a shit. Hate Scholes, none of us gives a shit. Hate Fergie, none of us really gives a shit! We just reply to keep discussing because we have no social life and discussing football is what we do to pass the time. 😆 😆 And just like we don’t care for your opinion, you shouldn’t care for ours. It’s hurtful to see another fan say the sooner Fergie leaves the better, and not appreciating all that he has done at this club, but I don’t think it will ruin anyones day. And for fucks sake mate, calling me a traitor against United for buying the new kit is nothing more than childish and stupid. 🙄 Just like you don’t want anyone to judge your opinion and your character for this club, I don’t want you to say my way of loving the club is wrong. I love United and want us to do everything well, but being able to say United is my team and I support them makes me prouder than everything else! I’d support this team even if we were relegated for Christs sake, because it gives me great pride to call myself a United fan! So if you want to be fair, and not get a lot of people against you, don’t put yourself into it. You rubbed yourself in marinade, but on some chilipepper and oregon, and put yourself on a fire so you can get barbequed nice and easy. Don’t blame us then, and if you want to, just think about this: Start undertstanding that everybody have their own opinion, and yours isn’t always right. And, if you disagree, just don’t give a shit and don’t reply. Here, I’ll give you a test. This is my honest opinion, and it’s not to piss you off in any way because, frankly, I don’t think you deserve this much focus. Here…

I think Iniesta is a much better player than Ballack, and would make my team above Ballack every day. Heck, even Xavi would be playing instead of the German cunt.

Again, not to piss you off, but that’s my opinion. Deal with it. 🙄

July 16, 2010 at 11:23 am

@PissedOffRed: Pogba is a pure box to box midfielder in the Essien mould. Really good defensivly with that being his main duty, but also a beast going forward. He is gonna have a big future here…

Also, I think Cleverley is one to watch closely this season. Hope he is given a few chances and not sent out on loan. 😐

July 16, 2010 at 11:34 am

@tonymontanna4united: Midfielders United have brought through their youth team the last 20 years:

Scholes
    Becks
    Butt
    Giggs
    Fletcher

Midfielders we have bought:

Veron
    Djemba Djemba
    Kleberson
    Ince
    Anderson
    Carrick
    Keane

Of those, all 5 we brought through our youth team have had a significant say on this club. Of those we have bought, only Keane have become a great. Veron we bought for an insane amount, but proved to be a huge flop. Ince was good, but fell out with Fergie and then moved to Liverpool.. cunt.. 🙄 Carrick did well in his first season but after that has only regressed, while Anderson has been given massive stick but also incredible praise. Our fans are really divided in their opinion on him, but it’s fair to say he hasn’t been a success. Then there is Djemba Djemba and Kleberson, which I don’t think we should talk about… 😛

I see a pattern here. And really, Uniteds midfield have always contained at least 2 british players! For nearly 8 years we used an all british midfield containing Becks, Keano, Scholesy and Giggs. Then Ronny arrived and new talent like Fletch was given a chance, as well as Carrick to partner Scholes. If you look at our current midfielders, almost all of them are Brits as well!

Scholes
    Carrick
    Fletch
    Hargo
    Giggs
    Gibson
    Cleverley
    Anderson

Foreign talent is all good and well, but maybe it just isn’t our style to have a foreign midfield? I can see Anderson and Fletch become a parinig one day, but for us to bring in foreign talent in that departement doesn’t seem to fit Uniteds philosophy. It could be Fergies thought of mind, but I think this is something to take into account when looking at supposed transfer targets. Don’t think Sneijder is gonna come here tbh, but think Cleverley and Gibson will be given lots more chances this season. 🙂 United!

50. Jeet

July 16, 2010 at 11:44 am

@EduardoDaVinci4: Top post mate. Ballack’s upturned nose just pisses me off, and they way he goes after refs is hideous. He would be one of the first names in my most hated XI.

PS: You’d would make a bloody good barbecue chef..LMAO