Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hinted at his plans for the club’s new signing Facundo Pellistri, ahead of their Premier League clash against Newcastle United this Saturday.
The Red Devils completed a move for the Uruguayan teenager on the deadline day of the summer transfer window.
As reports suggest, the Mancunian club went on to trigger Pellistri’s release clause of €10 million (£9m) to secure his services.
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, in the pre-match press conference ahead of the weekend’s game against Newcastle United, was asked about his plans for the 18-year-old prodigy.
The Norwegian bluntly replied:
“We’re looking forward to integrating them into the group.
“Facundo has been in training with us two days, very exciting, young, enthusiastic player with some attributes we don’t have. He’s maybe one for the future, maybe not for just now, still only 18.”
Although United manager suggestion remained that he would have to wait to get his first minute in a Manchester United senior shirt, he is one of the 25 names the club has enrolled for the upcoming Champions League ties.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa