Television pundit Paul Merson has urged Manchester United to ‘forget about’ Jadon Sancho and sign Harry Kane instead.
Kane was linked with a shock move to Old Trafford earlier in the year, but the Manchester club has focused all their resources on the Dortmund star till now.
Writing in a column for the StarSport Magazine, Merson believes that Harry Kane has the ability to turn this Manchester United side into instant title contenders.
He wrote in the column stating: “Sancho is a great player. But where do you play him? He’s another winger and they are already strong there. It’s at centre forward where they need help.”
With Manchester United already having Mason Greenwood as an emerging talent in the wing position and Rashford an established star, Manchester United need a true centre forward rather than Anthony Martial playing as a target man.
Though Anthony Martial has played exceptionally well in the forward position since the restart, according to Merson, Harry Kane is the centre forward who can complete this team and lead them to glory in the future.
The Jadon Sancho move is dragging on and with no end in sight, Merson believes United should just splurge the cash on Harry Kane.
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat