Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has said that he is unlikely to return to training until the end of November, considering he has yet to go through rehabilitation.
The Frenchman suffered a recurrence of his ankle problem following his comeback in September and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had recently stated that the midfielder may not return until December.
In an interview with RMC Sport, Pogba has now revealed that he could be sidelined for a lengthier period of time, given he needs at least three-and-a-half weeks before he can return to training.
“I will still be under plaster for ten days. After, I still have two weeks of rehabilitation. It’s not easy to see my teammates go to training or on the field, but I have to take the time to come back,” he told.
In the absence of Pogba, United have genuinely lacked a creative midfielder, who can deliver through balls for the forwards and that has limited the threat on the opposition goal.
Andreas Pereira has been preferred to play in the attacking midfield role in recent games but the Brazilian has been disappointing with his passes generally going astray in the final third of the pitch.
Pogba suffered a recurrence of his injury when he made a quick comeback in September and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will surely be cautious this time around with the fitness of the Frenchman.
In this case, the Norwegian will have to work with the current options at hand and the likes of Fred, Pereira and Jesse Lingard need to step up with their performances ahead of the festive schedule.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion