Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba might end up signing a new contract with the Old Trafford outfit.
As per the reports Spain via AS, La Liga giants Real Madrid are not interested anymore in attaining the services of French World Cup-winning midfielder Paul Pogba after failing to sign him three times in the recent past.
It has been claimed that Real Madrid tried to sign Pogba from Juventus back in the summer of 2016.
The Frenchman was close to joining Los Blancos then. However, his agent Mino Raiola, being an intermediary, considered a move to Manchester United for his client, with the superagent pocketing a huge sum of money (reportedly £40m) through agent fees.
In the summer of 2019, Pogba revealed that he wanted to perceive a ‘new challenge‘ as rumours of him moving to Real Madrid kept coming.
But, after spending an enormous amount of cash on the signings of Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo, Eden Hazard, the Spanish capital side saw no chance of making a move for Pogba.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ended the saga by saying the media that he would give Pogba ‘a new challenge‘ at Manchester United.
There were also whispers in the last summer transfer window as the reports claimed Paul Pogba had met Zinedine Zidane in Dubai and talked about a lot of things.
Real were badly affected due to the COVID-19, hence, had to sell players and not buy any.
During his international duties, Paul Pogba‘s remarks on his dream of playing for Real Madrid one day has sparked the latent chatters again.
Though, it seems to be the end of the lane for Pogba-Madrid connection as Real will be looking to sign the likes of Eduardo Camavinga and Kylian Mbappé from the upcoming summer transfer window.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash