Manchester United legend-turned-pundit Gary Neville believes Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane would be the ‘perfect signing’ for the Red Devils during the next transfer window.
A recent report from The Mail claimed that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy could be prepared to sanction Kane’s sale to United, provided they are willing to pay a world-record £200m fee for his services.
However, that was quickly dismissed by an update from Sky Sports News which stated that Spurs have no intention of selling their leading striker to any of their Premier League rivals including United.
Still, Neville believes his former club should consider a move for the England international, who will guarantee goals and help a create a strong spine in the squad.
“There are some signings that are like gold, where you just know they are going to work. He’ll always score goals, will always give 100 per cent in training, and is completely reliable as a manager would want,” he told Football Show on Sky Sports.
“For Manchester United, it would be a perfect signing in terms of what they need,” he explained. “They had Bruno Fernandes come in and he’s done a great job, Harry Maguire at the back. If they can get someone like Kane up front, you’re looking at a fantastic spine.”
Kane is undoubtedly one of the best strikers in the world and he has been a consistent performer for Spurs with a sublime tally of 181 goals and 30 assists from just 278 appearances.
Despite the glowing statistic, his injury record has been a concern over the past 18 months and there are question marks whether this could become a recurring trend during the prime phase of his career.
As such, the 26-year-old is definitely not worth the £200m price tag and United will be better off targeting teenage sensation Erling Haaland, who is said to have a £66m buy-out clause on his Borussia Dortmund contract.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa