Manchester United have confirmed their defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has left Old Trafford temporarily and completed a loan switch to Wolverhampton Wanderers until the end of the 2016-17 season.
The 19-year-old came up through the ranks of the Red Devils’ youth system and was one of the star players for United’s Under-21 side in the last season. His form saw being voted as United’s Under-21 Player of the Year earlier in May.
Under the guidance of Louis van Gaal, Borthwick-Jackson was handed the first team debut due to the lack of options in the left-back position. Luke Shaw suffered a horrific injury, which kept him out of action for the majority of the previous campaign.
The left-back made 14 appearances for the Premier League giants and following the arrival of Jose Mourinho, Borthwick-Jackson signed a new deal that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2020.
A statement on United’s official website read, “Talented Manchester United defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has joined Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers on loan for the rest of the 2016/17 season.”
“The Mancunian played in the Reserves’ first Premier League 2 game of 2016/17, against Leicester City, and will now link up with Walter Zenga’s side at Molineux as he bids to gain more first-team experience.”
Wolves are in the Championship and Borthwick-Jackson will be looking to gain first team experience and also help them make it to the Premier League next season.
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash