Yesterday was a mad game. Sky Sports pundits love to call it a classic; most pundits love to trot that out when they see a rare occurrence of a high scoring game. I thought it was a rubbish game because of some appalling defending. And mainly from Arsenal who made back pass after misjudged back pass to tease Liverpool into scoring goals. The Chelsea-Liverpool tie over two legs was a better contest, despite poor defending. But what do we care? It was a draw, a good result (although an Arsenal win would have been better) and we have something today that could make yesterday’s result count.
It’s Pompey who have problems of their own. But abject as teams might appear, they suddenly seem to run around like energizer bunnies when they face us. Either that or we have been generally shite going forward. It doesn’t take the Scotland Yard to work out which. I’ll leave that you.
In team news, Rooney, Ronaldo, Carrick, Fletcher and EVDS would surely return to the starting XI having played no part in the weekend defeat. I can’t really predict the starting line up, but Fletcher and Carrick should pair up in the middle, with Ronaldo and A. N. Other on the wings, while Berbatov and Rooney will resume their partnership upfront. The back four would be Evra, Vidic, Rio and O’Shea. (I don’t have any updates on Brown, and Rafael had a long day out at Wembley.)
Tevez would once again warm the bench with his mate, Park, and so will Welbeck and Macheda.
There, I’ve done the preview. This is a very short one because I have to run. My prediction for this one: 2-0 to United.
Come on you reds!
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham