Real Madrid defensive stalwart Raphael Varane has refused to discuss where his future lies.
Varane is entering the final year of his deal with the La Liga giants. He was offered a new contract but reportedly turned it down.
It is believed that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez would rather cash in on him this summer rather than see him leaving on a free transfer next year.
The defender is currently on international duty with France where he was asked about his future.
He replied (as quoted by Manchester Evening News): “This is not the time to talk about my future. I am focused on the selection, on this Euro.
“It is normal and logical to ask the question and for my part it is normal and logical to focus on the upcoming deadlines.
“We are all human beings. We can think about it.
“As for my personal case, I am focused on the objectives that we have in the France team, it is not a subject that I will discuss every day in my room at Clairefontaine.
“I am focused on my goal, and now is not the time to discuss it. If I have to talk about it, it will be directly with the people concerned.”
Red Rants view
Harry Maguire needs a robust partner at the back and Varane can be that player.
The 27-year old has won it all with Los Blancos during his 10-year stay at the club.
He is a ball-playing centre-back who can lead the defensive line.
He has the experience of playing big games which is lacking in the current United team.
Over the last decade, Varane has won the World Cup, multiple Champions League and La Liga titles.
With his elite winning mentality, he would be a great addition to the dressing room.
If Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is serious about bringing Varane to Old Trafford, he may have to act quickly as other major clubs will also be interested in signing him.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash