Manchester United are on the verge of signing Raphael Varane from Real Madrid.
As per Fabrizio Romano, the clubs are extremely close to completing the deal, with a few small details remaining.
The player has agreed personal terms and is ‘buzzing’ to join the Red Devils.
Many clubs were interested in signing the player, but he had his heart set on a move to Old Trafford.
According to French journalist Julien Maynard, the two clubs are close to agreeing a deal around €45-50 million, with United set to confirm the transfer this week.
Varane would be the perfect partner to Harry Maguire in defence.
United have been crying out for a top-class centre-back to complement the Englishman’s qualities.
The 2018 World Cup winner has been an integral part of the Los Blancos defence for the past decade.
His partnership with Sergio Ramos was the foundation of Madrid’s success.
The Red Devils can now shift their focus to signing a midfielder, with five weeks remaining of the summer transfer window.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash