Manchester United legend-turned-pundit Gary Neville has heaped praise on the quality of Mason Greenwood.
The 18-year-old has enjoyed a terrific breakthrough season with the Red Devils and he has netted 12 times from his 35 appearances in all competitions.
Five of those goals have come in the Premier League, where he has been restricted to only four starts under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Neville said that Greenwood can be ‘anything he wants to be’ and described the United graduate as the ‘real deal’.
“He can be anything he wants to be. He just looks like he’s got such great composure and quality. He’s great physically as well,” he told via Goal.com.
“If he continues to emerge like he’s shown at times this season I think Manchester United have got the real deal there.”
Greenwood has primarily played as the centre-forward during his youth career but under Solskjaer, he has regularly featured on the right side of the attack this term.
He has not been guaranteed a regular run of starts but that is quite acknowledgeable as Solskjaer wants to protect him from any injuries at the current phase of his career.
The teenager has already shown his immense quality with his finishing and movement in the final third and the onus now remains on commanding a regular starting berth.
In the long-term, Greenwood will want to feature as the club’s number nine but he needs to develop at the same intensity such that he can put the pressure on Anthony Martial for the position.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa