Real Madrid are prepared to offer Manchester United up to four players in exchange for Paul Pogba, according to reports.
The world football giants have been linked to the 2018 World Cup winner for a while now but may have trouble matching our valuation given the current climate.
It hasn’t stopped the record Champions League winners from wanting to do a deal this summer though as the Sun believe they are preparing to offer us four midfielders in exchange.
In this morning’s report, James Rodriguez, Martin Odegaard, Lucaz Vazquez and Brahim Diaz are all being lined up by Real Madrid in an exchange deal for Pogba.
Paul Pogba has not played for us since September although has returned to training this month. He has never been a popular figure at Old Trafford with the majority of United fans wanting him out as soon as possible.
It will be difficult for us to recoup much of the £89 million we paid Juventus for his services four years ago in this current climate and with his poor performances over the last three of them, but the offer of four players doesn’t look like a very good deal either.
The wage bill would shoot up greatly if we were to accept Real Madrid’s offer, whilst it would be virtually impossible to get all four players in the starting lineup at the same time. Martin Odegaard looks to have a bright future ahead of him and has looked impressive down the right wing for Real Sociedad this season, a position we do need to fill. That’s the same role Lucas Vazquez plays. I’ve not been a huge admirer of the latter. Vazquez is deceivingly quick but doesn’t offer too much else.
James Rodriguez plays the same role as Bruno Fernandes but has lacked any consistency during this career, at least since leaving AS Monaco after the 2014 World Cup. One has to question his workrate these days too. Brahim Diaz does have a lot of technical ability from what I’ve seen of him but I don’t know much else about him to make a comment.
In my opinion, Manchester United would be better accepting a cash offer for Paul Pogba and using it to put towards signing players in positions we really need to upgrade, mainly centre-back, right wing and holding midfield.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills