Released Manchester United player Arnau Puigmal has confirmed that he has penned a deal with Spanish side Almeria.
The 20-year-old, released by the Red Devils on June 30, has signed a contract with the Segunda Division side that will keep him at the Mediterranean Games Stadium until 2026.
The talented midfielder enjoyed an impressive 2020-21 season, notching seven goals and three assists in 12 appearances for United’s under-23s.
A report from Sport last year linked him with a move to Barcelona, with the newspaper calling him an ‘outstanding talent.’
However, there wasn’t any concrete effort made by the Catalans, and no subsequent move took place.
Puigmal is a highly talented footballer who joined the Red Devils in July 2017.
He has proven his ability at youth level but didn’t make a first-team appearance.
This is the problem of joining a big club like Manchester United.
Opportunities are always scarce, and a player must be exceptional to be promoted to the first team.
Joining Almeria looks like a good move for the 20-year-old. He can now get some football action, and there is a good chance that the Spanish side will be promoted to the top-flight at the end of the 2021-22 season.
Rojiblancos finished fourth in the table last season, missing out on promotion after Girona defeated them in the play-offs.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion