”Go to the Winchester, have a pint and wait for this all to blow over” – If we replace Winchester with Manchester and link it with the Paul Pogba saga, this famous Simon Pegg quote will immaculately depict the psyche of Manchester United fans.
Now the wait seems to over, as according to the Daily record, Pogba has signed for United in a mind-boggling £110 million deal.
United and Juventus sources have reportedly told the Daily Record that the terms of this transfer were agreed back on Wednesday. The Serie A club’s asking price was £108.9 million for the France international, including a £83.8m payment to the Turin club and a further £25.1 million add-on to cover a 30 per cent sell-on clause owed to Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola.
The 23-year-old left Old Trafford as a free agent in 2012, despite the Red Devils’ attempts to keep him at the club. The Frenchman has established himself into one of the world class players, having impressed for both club and country.
United manager Jose Mourinho has already admitted that his side are closing in on completing fourth summer signing and the Portuguese coach revealed that he wants it to be done before the start of the 2016-17 Premier League season.
The Manchester Evening News have said United could complete Pogba transfer over weekend though. According to Independent, Paul Pogba deal to be announced by the Red Devils ‘once midfielder returns from holiday’.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham