Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Roma and Manchester United could reach an agreement on Chris Smalling very soon. Smalling is epxected to sign a three-year deal with the Italian side.
Smalling made 37 appearances for Roma and was a defensive stalwart. Roma boss Paulo Fonseca is impressed with the English international and wants to sign him permanently.
Fabrizio Romano also confirms that Roma and Manchester United are very close in agreeing to terms for Smalling.
Romano also added that Smalling cannot wait to go back to Italy.
This is a good deal as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer continues to offload the deadwood and revamp the squad. In tough times, United could really use the €20m they receive for Smalling.
The Reds earlier announced a €40m deal for Dutch star Donny Van de Beek.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups