Alexander Sorloth had a little chat with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after Manchester United thrashed RB Leipzig 5-0. United enjoyed a perfect night at the ‘Theatre of Dreams.’
It was a tactical masterclass from the Norwegian gaffer as United outperformed last year’s Champions League semi-finalists. Marcus Rashford’s first professional hat-trick in the red shirt was the key highlight of the game.
Speaking to VG (via tv6), Sorloth revealed:
“We [Sorloth and Ole] just had a very pleasant chat. He talked about the first time he saw me, it was for Rosenborg’s G16 team against Clausenengen. We won 5-0 and he remembered the result. It was very nice.
“It’s not so long since that match now and now I’m in the Champions League. So we talked a bit about the road until today.”
“It was a tough first match naturally enough. At the same time, we just have to forget it and think next. ‘S*** happens’. We know we’re better than that. It was not a 0-5 match.”
Dubbed as the Crystal Palace flop, Alexander Sorloth joined Leipzig from the Premier League side for a transfer fee of €22million (£20m).
Now 24, Sorloth will be hoping to thrive in a new competition and under Julian Nagelsmann.
Interestingly, Sorloth was linked to an Old Trafford move. As reported by Manchester Evenings News (MEN), it was a shocking link after United lost 1-3 to Crystal Palace in their opening league fixture.
Solskjaer has a special place in every Norwegian player. The baby-faced-assassin is heralded all over the country during his time at United as a player and now as the manager of one of the the most successful sports team in the world.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa