Harry Maguire is facing up to three years behind bars due to charges against him of aggravated assault against the Mykonos Police Authorities. It is also reported that the Manchester United captain was intoxicated.
The timeline of events is still unfolding itself, although it has been understood through multiple reliable sources that Harry Maguire was at a Bar Pool Party on a Thursday Night from where his family and friends traveled to the Bonbonniere bar and The Fabrica Club, all three destinations close to each other.
It was in the early morning hours of Mykonos that drama ensued between the United Captain’s Entourage and some other brits and greeks. It has been reported that some other Tourists, the second lot of Brits were found to be eve-teasing Fern Hawkins, Maguire’s fiancee, and annoy the rest of the Maguire Family and their friends.
It is also believed that teammate Brandon Williams and Marcus Rashford and Love Island star Chris Hughes were with him earlier that day.
It was this incident that incited actions of punches and blows that followed. Greek Police Officers were forced to intervene and break up the scene but their efforts were in vain.
Some of the police officers tried to physically target and restrain Maguire’s brother and his friend but Maguire and his latter two compatriots retaliated twice, once at the scene of the brawl and another time at the police station when they refused to arrest and tried to bribe the officers as well.
A statement released by police spokesman Petros Vassilakis read: “Three foreigners, aged 27, 28 and 29, were arrested today (August 21, 2020) in Mykonos by police officers of the Mykonos police department.
“Patrolling police officers in the area of Mykonos intervened and normalized a dispute between citizens, however, three foreigners involved in the incident turned against them, insulting and hitting a police officer with fists.
“The three foreigners were taken to the Mykonos Police Station, whereupon their arrival they strongly resisted, pushing and beating three police officers.
“One of the detainees then tried to offer money so that the trial against them would not be completed. The arrested (men) were taken to the Syros Prosecutor’s Office.” [quote via Sky Sports]
Maguire’s lawyer Konstantinos Darivas says his client denies the allegations and is “fully convinced that he will be released without any charges on Saturday”.
Harry Maguire was seen being imprisoned for a second night running with the same clothes before appearing in front of a judge for the official hearing regarding the charges filed against Maguire
Maguire will travel to Syros-which is the center for administrative duties carried out by the Island of Mykonos where he and his one brother and friend will appear in front of a state prosecutor to listen to their charges and appeals.
Manchester United made a discreet comment through one of the journalist stating:
“The club is aware of an alleged incident involving Harry Maguire in Mykonos last night. Contact has been made with Harry, and he is fully cooperating with the Greek authorities. At this time we will be making no further comment.”
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion