The semi-final fixture of the UEFA Europa League between Manchester United and Sevilla FC was as tight as it could get. There are many-a-reason why Sevilla won. The most important of them being – Yassine Bounou, more popularly known as Bono.
Bono had the game of his life today against Manchester United, as have many keepers in the past few season. Last of which was Karl-Johan Johnsson, who made fourteen saves in the Europa League quarter final.
Bono followed suit. He did not match up to Johnsson in quantity – but he sure did in quality. He denied all of Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Anthony Martial. The Sevilla keeper made six saves in total and saved three one v one’s in particular. That save from the Martial shot just after the second half kicked off was a highlight for sure.
He only got beat once – when Bruno Fernandes lashed the penalty into the top corner. The Moroccan keeper had pulled off another fine save to deny Rashford before Diego Carlos’ tackle, though.
Another one of those days for United…
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion