Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has selected two former Manchester United stars he would like to have in his current Red Devils squad.
Solskjaer was part of Sir Alex Ferguson’s trophy-laden generation that won five Premier League titles, including a legendary treble in 1999.
The Norwegian, who enjoyed the privilege of playing alongside Roy Keane for nine years, admitted he would like to have the Irishman in his current United team.
“There are a few players I have played with that I would love to have in my team, of course,” Solskjaer said, as relayed by the Metro.
“I would love the player Roy Keane. I am not sure if I could manage him, though!
“I would sign him every day of the week. Roy was so influential!”
Another player singled out by Solskjaer is current Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
The pair spent four years together at Old Trafford before the 48-year-old hung up his boots in 2007.
Ronaldo became a household name in Manchester before completing the then-record-breaking £80 million move to Real Madrid in 2008, and the rest is history.
However, the United supporters have never forgotten their hero and have always entertained the faint hope of having him back at the Theatre of Dreams.
Solskjaer confirmed he is one of those fans.
“I played with Cristiano and he has been the best player in the world alongside [Lionel] Messi for the past ten to 15 years now, so Cristiano,” he added.
“You would take him in your team, for sure.”
The Norwegian manager also drew a comparison between himself and Mason Greenwood.
Eighty-nine competitive appearances for United at the age of 19 pretty much sums the youngster up.
There is no doubt Greenwood is one of a kind, and according to Solskjaer, the Englishman bears much resemblance to himself.
“There are so many things – it depends if it is the mentality, the attitude, the technical attributes,” Solskjaer said.
“I would like to think Mason is the one who reminds me about myself the most as a finisher, a goalscorer.
“We should have had a competition – me and him – to see who is the most accurate finisher.”
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash