According to reports from Spanish outlet AS, Manchester United are considering making a late move for the former Borussia Dortmund striker Ousmane Dembele.
Another Spanish publication Mundo Depotivo seconds the report.
Barcelona need money to make any further acquisitions in Memphis Depay. And shifting some big names would help them attain some much-needed cash in the middle of the financial turmoil.
An exit for the Barcelona man could reportedly open the doors for the arrival of Depay at the Catalan club. Depay is expected to cost around €30m and is Ronald Koeman’s #1 target.
Dembele joined Barcelona from Dortmund for a then-record breaking transfer fee of €145m.
His humongous transfer fee, however, hasn’t had matched his consistency and level of performances, particularly owing to the fact that his stint has been ravaged due to various muscle injuries.
Having played 75 matches for Barcelona, Dembele has amassed 19 goals and 16 assists so far. [source: Transfermarkt]
Barca want, as the aforementioned report suggests, €50-60m for ensuring the permanent deal, while United are apparently more likely to complete a loan deal.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups