When Manchester United failed to sign Ousmane Dembele on loan st the eleventh hour, it was reported that the main reason United and Barcelona didn’t find an agreement was that Dembele didn’t want to extend his contract with Barca.
According to Catalunya Radio, one of the most important reasons why United failed to sign Dembele was because the 23-year-old French winger wanted to join Juventus.
Dembele was in contacts with Juventus to join the Old Lady either next summer or in 2022.
Another Spanish media outlet Mundo Deportivo confirms this story and adds that Juve’s interest in Dembele is not new. The Italian club even offered Douglas Costa in exchange. However, the two clubs didn’t reach an agreement.
Juventus signed Federico Chiesa on the final day.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills