When Manchester United failed to sign Ousmane Dembele on loan st the eleventh hour, it was reported that the main reason United and Barcelona didn’t find an agreement was that Dembele didn’t want to extend his contract with Barca.
According to Catalunya Radio, one of the most important reasons why United failed to sign Dembele was because the 23-year-old French winger wanted to join Juventus.
Dembele was in contacts with Juventus to join the Old Lady either next summer or in 2022.
Another Spanish media outlet Mundo Deportivo confirms this story and adds that Juve’s interest in Dembele is not new. The Italian club even offered Douglas Costa in exchange. However, the two clubs didn’t reach an agreement.
Juventus signed Federico Chiesa on the final day.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta