We are one month into the transfer window and Manchester United have made no signings.
The club has been linked with the likes of Jadon Sancho, Jack Grealish, Douglas Costa and many more. Amongst the reported names, Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek could make a move to Manchester United.
According to a Spanish media outlet, Fichajes.com, the Ajax midfielder is at the top of Koeman’s shopping list this summer but despite the Dutch connection, he has his heart set out to play in the Premier League. Manchester United are the front runners to reserve his services.
Ajax manager Erik Ten Hag confirmed van de Beek wants to leave the club this summer and that his transfer fee will be lowered. This brings his price tag below £50 million. According to The Times, United are preparing a bid for £36 million for the Dutch international.
The 23-year-old has 21 goal contributions in the 37 games he played across all competitions this season for Ajax.
Van de Beek has shown with his game in the past 12 months that he has the ability to play in a variety of positions in the middle of the park, which is exactly the criteria that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking for.
Aston Villa’s asking price for Grealish is £80m. Van de Beek will cost a lot cheaper and has the expereince in the Champions League.
Both Andreas Pereira and Jesse Lingard could leave the club. Paul Pogba’s injury last season was a major setback and United looked hopeless in the attack. If van de Beek is signed, the Red Devils will have the much-needed depth going into the Champions League next season.
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat