Its only been a month since the Premier League started but early performances decide the fate of teams, players and the results produced.
Two wins and two losses from the first four suggest a shaky start by Manchester United. Their reaction from the 1-6 defeat to Spurs on Saturday was brilliant. Three late goals suggested a job done by the Red Devils as they walked away with a 4-1 win against Newcastle United.
Since arriving in January this year, Bruno Fernandes has been the best performer for United. The Portuguese midfielder took no time to settle – and is producing top-notch results from day one. He’s an integral part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans.
He’s also the second-best creator in the Premier this season. As per WhoScored, he manages 3.5 key passes per game. Only Kevin de Bruyne manages more [4.7].
Fernandes also gets into wide areas of the pitch and makes himself available for a pass. He holds the capability to then launch a long-ball, cross, do a one-two or pass it to another teammate who’s free. He registers 2.3 crosses and 4.3 long balls – higher than the likes of de Bruyne, Grealish, and Mason Mount.
Stats support his all-rounder role at Old Trafford. He turned 26 last month and is his peak. A leader in on and off the pitch, he leads by example. With Fernandes, United have the ability to bounce back.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups