Manchester United have impressed in the Premier League this season and they are currently second in the standings, 10 points behind runaway leaders Manchester City.
While a title challenge seems unlikely, they are in a good position to finish in the Champions League places with a six-point advantage over fifth-placed Chelsea.
Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford have been the standout performers for United and a statistic published from The Athletic reveals that the duo have provided more than just goals and assists.
Considering the non-penalty goals in the league, Fernandes has been involved in 24 scoring contributions. He has scored eight times alongside 10 assists while playing in the build-up of six more goals.
The Portuguese is topping the list ahead of Tottenham Hotspur’s Heung-min Son and Rashford, who have made 23 contributions each. Rashford has 13 goals and six assists while influencing in the build-up on four occasions.
Through the above list, it is quite clear there has been an overdependence on the pair.
Defensive duo Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka have been the next best with 14 contributions apiece, the majority of which have come through a pass, interception or tackle in the lead-up to goals.
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat