Manchester United will lock horns with Sheffield United at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening, hoping to continue their good form in the Premier League.
The Red Devils are currently top of the table, having secured 40 points from 19 league matches.
The Old Trafford fans are in an excellent mood now with their side registering a big victory against Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Sunday.
Mohamed Salah struck two goals for the Reds but Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes all got on the scoresheet to claim a 3-2 victory for United.
Manchester City could leapfrog the Red Devils in the table if they manage to beat West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday. However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side will reclaim the top spot if they secure full points against the Blades.
Considering the Yorkshire outfit’s form, it should not be a challenging task for the Manchester giants who are currently on a 13-match unbeaten run in the league.
Sheffield United won their first match in the top-flight this season against Newcastle United earlier this month before suffering a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Tottenham Hotspur.
They are at the bottom of the standings, having lost an incredible 16 out of 19 matches so far this campaign.
Marcus Rashford limped out of United’s home win against Liverpool and, while he is said to have avoided major injury, the England international is likely to be rested. Anthony Martial is expected to fill the forward position against the Blades.
As for the South Yorkshire side, they are missing several first-team players with Sander Berge, Jack Robinson, Oli McBurnie, Jack O’Connell and Ben Osborn all currently injured.
- United boss Solskjaer gives possible update on Jesse Lingard’s future
- Rice keen to join Man Utd in the summer
- Borussia Dortmund slash Man Utd-linked Jadon Sancho’s price
- Manchester United have to make a decision on Axel Tuanzebe
- ‘I always get food’: Ole’s son weighs in on Solskjaer-Mourinho’s war of words
- United receive a major boost in Raphael Varane transfer but there is a catch
- Are the Reds having a successful season?
- Manchester United vs Granada – Europa League Preview & Team News
- Eric Bailly to turn down a new contract at Man Utd
- Manchester United in talks to buy an A-League club