Manchester United will lock horns with Sheffield United at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening, hoping to continue their good form in the Premier League.
The Red Devils are currently top of the table, having secured 40 points from 19 league matches.
The Old Trafford fans are in an excellent mood now with their side registering a big victory against Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Sunday.
Mohamed Salah struck two goals for the Reds but Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes all got on the scoresheet to claim a 3-2 victory for United.
Manchester City could leapfrog the Red Devils in the table if they manage to beat West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday. However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side will reclaim the top spot if they secure full points against the Blades.
Considering the Yorkshire outfit’s form, it should not be a challenging task for the Manchester giants who are currently on a 13-match unbeaten run in the league.
Sheffield United won their first match in the top-flight this season against Newcastle United earlier this month before suffering a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Tottenham Hotspur.
They are at the bottom of the standings, having lost an incredible 16 out of 19 matches so far this campaign.
Marcus Rashford limped out of United’s home win against Liverpool and, while he is said to have avoided major injury, the England international is likely to be rested. Anthony Martial is expected to fill the forward position against the Blades.
As for the South Yorkshire side, they are missing several first-team players with Sander Berge, Jack Robinson, Oli McBurnie, Jack O’Connell and Ben Osborn all currently injured.
- Manchester United starlet explains how he has improved over the season
- How Jadon Sancho would complete Manchester United’s attack
- Closed stadium forces £21.7 million loss on Manchester United
- Manchester United to give up the signing of €40m-rated defender
- Manchester United submits £50 million bid for Real Madrid star
- Should Manchester United bring Sergio Ramos to Old Trafford?
- Can Man Utd break through their transfer limbo?
- Manchester United fail in opening bid for Kieran Trippier
- Manchester United fixtures for the new 2021/22 season confirmed
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s stunning display vs Germany