Goals! Who doesn’t enjoy sitting down to watch goals, goals and more goals?
I was recently priveleged enough to be given the opportunity to do just that with The 500 Great Goals Collection DVD which is released tomorrow.
From technically perfect volley’s performed by Marco van Basten, Wayne Rooney, Zinedine Zidane and Paul Scholes to unbelievably cute chips by Ruud Gullit, Dalian Atkinson, George Best and Eric Cantona – for over four hours this collection takes you on a trip through the archives that won’t disappoint.
Starting with no less than Pele in the 1958 World Cup Finals the footage takes you on a journey in no particular order. It’s not a chronological rundown of one mans favourite goals but a look back at goals scored in various competitions around the world using various skills, tricks, powers and improvisations until it reaches it’s finale with a strike from (the boy who kisses his badge on his chest before submitting a transfer request) Steven Gerrard in the Champions League.
Interviews aplenty with Pele, Marco Van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Bobby Charlton, Terry Venables, Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlos Alberto all recalling great strikes from some of the greatest players to have ever graced the field of football, goals that span over six decades, many of which will live long in the memory of anyone lucky enough to witness them.
Settle down with this 5 disc boxset each with its own magnificent array of tremendous goals. One thing’s for sure while you watch this collection, you’ll be reminded of many classics you haven’t seen or thought about in years, you’ll marvel at the dribbling skills of Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo and David Ginola, raise eyebrows at the cheeky improvisation used by Graphite, Zola and Gazza. Famous freekicks from Riquelme, Cristiano Ronaldo and David beckham with bullet strikes from Socrates, Geovanni and Martin Petrov will have you reaching for the rewind button!
Released tomorrow (10th April 2012), The 500 Great Goals Collection is available to purchase via Amazon, but TWO lucky RedRants followers will win their very own copy of the boxset, one via Twitter and one via RedRants.com. It’s easy to enter, simply follow the instructions to be in with a chance of winning and we’ll get it sent out to you asap, the closing date for both sets is Midnight on Thursday 12th April 2012.
To enter via RedRants.com just tell us (in the comments section below) who scored what you think is the Greatest Goal of all-time, describe it if you want, even leave a link for everyone to watch it!
To enter via twitter, just tweet the name of the player who you think scored the Greatest Goal of all-time to @RedRants.
Two lucky winners will be selected from the answers that match the player who I think scored the Greatest Goal of all-time on Thursday night.
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start