Alexis Sanchez will stay at Inter Milan for a few moments, as the Italian club are keen to talk about an extension with Manchester United. The Chilean’s loan move to the Italian club is approaching its end and Sanchez is due to return to Old Trafford on June 30. Yet, the lockdown and suspension of football has resulted in the 2019-20 campaign being pushed back towards the end of August. Since Sanchez’ loan deal was officially going to end, Inter could have been in a precarious position as far as squad strength goes.
One of the reasons for Inter Milan thinking twice about extending the loan deal was the reduced impact from Sanchez. The 31-year-old’s form has been very poor since he left Arsenal and a lack of confidence has led him into a vicious cycle where it has been very difficult to produce anything like his former self. It was not surprising that Sanchez only featured in a handful of games since making the move to Inter. According to forzaitalianfootball.com, Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio said to Sky Sports Italia:
“We want to keep everyone, including Alexis Sanchez. We are counting on him in the coming.
“He was out injured for quite a while, but he did well before that in matches against Barcelona and Sampdoria. I saw the Sanchez from his best campaigns in Udine and Arsenal.
“He didn’t have a lot of time, but he now has the chance to show his value and then we will make a decision on him.”
The Italian outfit are believed to be paying only £100,000 per week to Alexis Sanchez with Manchester United contributing the remaining of his £350,000 per week contract.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham