Manchester United are likely to send a host of aspiring young players on loan before the end of this ongoing summer transfer window, reports Manchester Evening News.
As per the reports, Ethan Laird, Di’Shon Bernard and Max Taylor are open to leaving the Mancunian club.
English clubs, in particular, send their academy graduates to other clubs in order to provide them with some much-needed game time which subsequently helps in their development. United have had used this method to improve their youngsters year in, year out.
This term, the Red Devils have already sent five highly-touted youngsters on loan.
While the likes of James Garner, Dylan Levitt, and Matej Kovar will continue their development in England with Watford, Charlton, and Swindon respectively, Tahith Chong and Aliou Traore will remain one season on loan with German side Werder Bremen and French side SM Caen respectively.
Ethan Laird is one of the most coveted prospects the club has under its ranks. However, the involvement of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, and Diogo Dalot means the 19-year-old will have to find some first-team game time.
Di’Shon Bernard is another defensive option, who has already experienced first-team football under the management of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. His only appearance for the senior team was in the UEFA Europa League draw against Astana last season.
Max Taylor was also a member of the visiting squad that suffered a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Astana but ended the night as an unused substitute. He also needs to play regularly. And with seven days left in the market, several moves seem to be imminent.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides contract update about Manchester United star
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid