Liverpool finally made their rescheduled trip to Old Trafford yesterday but the fixture was again overshadowed by protests organised by Manchester United fans.
A similar anti-Glazer demonstration last week forced the Premier League to postpone the game.
Thousands of fans assembled outside the Theatre of Dreams, with many storming the stadium to express their frustration with the Glazer family.
However, the police were much better prepared this time around to deal with any unrest.
Around 2,000 Red Devils’ fans turned up at Old Trafford to protest the Glazers’ ownership.
A few of them even blocked Liverpool’s team bus (on its way to pick up the team) by parking a car in the middle of the road.
Flares and smoke bombs were set off outside the stadium and banners were waved demanding the Glazer family to exit the club.
While fans were not permitted to enter the stadium, the police revealed that two supporters were arrested.
A Greater Manchester Police statement read (via The Sun): “We are aware of protest taking place outside Old Trafford stadium, with a small number of people seemingly intent on disrupting fixture.
“Officers in attendance to maintain safety while facilitating the right to peaceful protest. Two arrests made for public order offences.”
Here are a few of the images of the protest.
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash