Manchester United will commence their 2020-21 Champions League season with an away clash to Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday night.
PSG might have found two new names on their list of concerns.
According to the report from French outlet L’Equipe (via Sportwitness), PSG’s Julian Draxler and Marco Verratti have gone into the apparent injury-list that already had the names of Argentine midfielder Leandro Paredes, Thilo Kehrer, Mauro Icard, and Juan Bernat in it.
Although Draxler might pass a late fitness test, the worries are looming over Verratti’s name.
On the other hand, Marquinhos, who was looking likely to miss the midweek’s UCL encounter even a few days ago, is now reportedly fit and ready to start against the Red Devils.
Neymar Jr was another concern as the Samba boy didn’t make the PSG squad for the Ligue 1 game against Nimes. Nevertheless, PSG eventually won the game with a 4-0 scoreline.
And, in the post-match press conference, their boss Thomas Tuchel went on to clarify that his intention was to keep Neymar fit for the Champions League match against Man United, and he didn’t take any risk in this case.
The Red Devils came out as the victors when they last visited Parc des Princes in the round of 16 of the Champions League.
Manchester United have managed to get some breathing space after their weekend’s 4-1 win over Newcastle United.
For Manchester United, Anthony Martial was absent and will be absent for the next two matches in Premier League.
He is currently serving a three-match domestic ban, owing to the fact that he received a direct marching order in their game against Tottenham Hotspur earlier this month.
However, the Frenchman should be free to play against PSG in UCL as his domestic ban won’t work in European competitions.
Manchester United are set to begin an amazing yet exasperating run of fixtures, where they will play Chelsea, RB Leipzig, and Arsenal over the next few weeks after this PSG game.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills