Manchester United and Bulova have teamed up to launch the ultimate cobranded timepiece—the Manchester United Club Watch—as a tribute to the world’s most storied football club.
The modern classic boasts nine design links to Manchester United’s prolific history, expressed as touchstone details on the dial, case and leather strap, and is powered by Bulova’s proprietary UHF high-performance quartz movement.
The Manchester United Club Watch debuted on September 1, 2015, kicking off with an exclusive presale event through the team’s online store, United Direct (store.manutd.com), with further rollouts to the Megastore at Old Trafford in October, and global markets in November. The watch will retail for US$499.
Notes Bulova President Gregory Thumm, “This historic launch of the Manchester United Club Watch was shaped by a singular design vision, and with utmost attention to quality and craftsmanship.”
Nine Links to Design History. Destined to quickly become a collector’s item, the Manchester United Club Watch not only mines the franchise’s rich history, but also scores on design ingenuity.
· The ‘1878’ at the 18- minute marker recognizes the club’s beginning as a team of railway workers and its original green and
· A flourish of train track, between the 12-hour and 18-minute markers, signifies the importance of the Lancashire & Yorkshire railroad to Manchester’s development as the world’s first industrial city;
· The 7th hour on the watch, in bold red, is a nod to the #7 jersey, worn
by many of the club’s most memorable players;
· A blacked out 23-minute marker commemorates the fatalities in the
tragic 1958 plane crash, killing eight players, journalists and supporters;
· The “United Trinity”—Best, Law, Charlton—is honored by the
red 7-, 9- and 10-minute markers on the watch, representing their jersey numbers;
· A red 20-minute marker highlights the club’s league title haul—the highest in the English game;
· Iconic details include the club crest on the dial, the Red Devil emblem on the crown, and the strap made from vintage-inspired genuine leather to pay homage to the footballs used in the early years of the game;
· Powered with Bulova’s proprietary UHF high-performance quartz movement for unparalleled accuracy.
Manchester United’s Group Managing Director Richard Arnold comments:
“Bulova has been creating quality timepieces since 1875, just three years before the Club was formed. They understand how the Club’s history makes us who we are and we are delighted Bulova have commemorated some of United’s most important moments within this specially designed watch.”
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game
- Paul Pogba is on course to break the Premier League assists record