It’s safe to say that any match between Manchester United and Manchester City is massive, especially in the present, when it looks like the two could be fighting it out for Premier League titles on a regular basis for the foreseeable future. That being said, it’s somewhat difficult to get a read on the full significance of today’s FA Cup third round showdown, in relation to where United are and where they will go afterwards. Will a win today spark a big winning run, or would it be nothing more than an away win over the archrivals and a place in the next round of the FA Cup? Would a defeat cause a crushing loss of confidence, or would it actually spur United on positively?
There’s no telling what will come of today’s result, win, lose, or draw, but a win is no doubt the ideal result, with everything in mind, including the unmentionable result in October.
Here are today’s lineups, and as for that certain name that you see on United’s bench, it’s not a typo. How much of an impact will he have?
Manchester United: Lindegaard; Smalling, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Nani; Welbeck, Rooney.
Subs: De Gea, Evans, Rafael, Scholes, Anderson, Hernandez, Park.
Manchester City: Pantilimon, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, A. Johnson, de Jong, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Aguero.
Subs: Hart, Clichy, Zabaleta, Savic, Hargreaves, Razak, Suarez.
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash