Louis Van Gaal has criticised Manchester United for giving away two cheap goals that cost them the game on Thursday night at Anfield and addressed some his wrath to the officials, who gifted Liverpool a penalty in the first half.
United were outplayed throughout the game, although Van Gaal believes Liverpool to be awarded a first half penalty when Memphis was judged to have brought down Nathaniel Clyne in the box. The decision didn’t go down well with Van Gaal.
“They got a cheap goal for the first, I think their player is falling down not because he was kicked by Memphis,” he said. The second goal was a cheap one too – Henderson was in an offside position when he played the ball.
“When you are so sharp you can see the foul has been made by Memphis Depay in the box, then you have to see also it’s offside.
“But I have a very nasty feeling Liverpool were of course the better team. It is true, they had many chances and David De Gea was fantastic. Now we have to create that atmosphere also, and we have to bring pressure to them.”
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash