Manchester United acheived a comfortable 3-0 win against Brighton in the EFL Cup to progress to the quarter-finals of the competition.
The highlight of the game was Paul Pogba’s stunning freekick goal. Marcus Rashford was fouled by Joel Veltman at the edge of the box.
United won the free-kick and it was between United’s academy boys Pogba and Rashford to take the free-kick.
Pogba took his turn and scored!
The ball hit Brighton’s wall and took another stop at the inside of the goal-post as goalkeeper Jason Steele didn’t make an effort to stop it.
Pogba celebrated it in a cheeky manner and made a statement. This is Frenchman’s first goal of the season.
United’s other goal-scorers were Juan Mata and Scott McTominay.
United face Spurs next on the 4th of October – one day before the transfer market closes.
United are expected to complete some deals over the next few days. The Red Devils have had a torrid season completing just one signing in Donny Van de Beek.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate