Manchester United acheived a comfortable 3-0 win against Brighton in the EFL Cup to progress to the quarter-finals of the competition.
The highlight of the game was Paul Pogba’s stunning freekick goal. Marcus Rashford was fouled by Joel Veltman at the edge of the box.
United won the free-kick and it was between United’s academy boys Pogba and Rashford to take the free-kick.
Pogba took his turn and scored!
The ball hit Brighton’s wall and took another stop at the inside of the goal-post as goalkeeper Jason Steele didn’t make an effort to stop it.
Pogba celebrated it in a cheeky manner and made a statement. This is Frenchman’s first goal of the season.
United’s other goal-scorers were Juan Mata and Scott McTominay.
United face Spurs next on the 4th of October – one day before the transfer market closes.
United are expected to complete some deals over the next few days. The Red Devils have had a torrid season completing just one signing in Donny Van de Beek.
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start